Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup- YUMMY!




So, hey there! Haven't posted since last week- Thought I'd share a great recipe that was so simple to make yet so delicious! Got the basic recipe from a coworker- but added to it to "kick it up a notch"

Chicken Tortilla Soup

1 - 16 ounce jar of Medium Heat Salsa
2 cups of Chicken Broth
2 cups of shredded, cooked chicken
1 cup of corn niblets, fresh, frozen or canned
1 can of black beans, rinsed

1 avocado, diced
cilantro, chopped
3 tortillas ( I used corn tortillas)

Heat the salsa and chicken broth in a saucepan until it comes to a boil. Add the shredded chicken, cook until returns to a boil. Turn down to low heat just to keep warm. Add the corn and the beans.

After adding the chicken to the soup and while waiting for the soup to reheat,

Cut the tortillas into thin strips ( I use a pizza cutter) and lightly brown them either in a pan with a tiny bit of oil or spray a baking sheet and bake them until lightly brown.

When serving this great soup, top with the chopped avocado, tortilla strips and cilantro to taste.


As I said, "YUMMY" and it looks pretty, too!


4 comments:

  1. It is a cold, wet, miserable day at my house today, and your soup sounds like it would warm up an iceberg. I'm off to the store for supplies- Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, chicken tortilla is one of my favorite soups!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the comments! Hope you enjoyed your soup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soup sounds delicious...have put ingredients on my shopping list....THANKS!

    ReplyDelete